Field Opened with Restrictions
01 June 2020
I hope that you and your families are all doing well as possible given our shared new normal for the foreseeable future. I would like to start off by saying "Thank You" again for your abundance of patience as well as for being understanding and supportive as we have had to navigate through this unprecedented time.
As was outlined in our previous field update the PCC officers would be reevaluating the temporary field closure as of May 31st. We held a meeting this afternoon and we have examined in detail current local and state guidelines, it seems that authorities are easing shelter in place requirements starting tomorrow. In consideration of this new guidance the officers are happy to announce that the field will be open for flight operations starting tomorrow morning June 1st!
Please keep in mind that there will be specific rules that will need to be followed (for an indefinite period of time) while at the field to minimize the chance of inadvertently transmitting the Covid 19 Virus.
The rules will be as follows and everyone is expected to abide by them: If you feel that you are in any way sick or have been exposed to someone who is ill , Stay Home!!!
• Members only, no additional guests, friends or family members will be allowed at this time.
• Masks are absolutely required while in the pit area (no exceptions!).
• Social Distancing of 6-10 feet.
• No more than 8 members total will be allowed in the pit area/ flight line.
• No more than 4 members flying at any given time. (masks will not be required while flying as to minimize any possible distractions from fogging glasses) but you must be wearing your mask before you return to the pit area.
• 10 foot pilot separation while on the flight line.
• 1 Member per work table, please allow members with physical challenges the opportunity to use the tables closest to the flight line.
• Members waiting to fly will park in the spectator parking area. ( Masks are required while you are outside of your vehicle as well as Social distancing of 6-10 feet).
• Bring your own hand sanitizer and use is often (especially when you need to use the restroom).
• Seriously consider wearing gloves (at least while in the pit area)
Guys, please be courteous and use common sense while at the field. Treat others how you would like to be treated as we are all in the same situation. If you have been at the field for more than 2-3 hours and you notice someone waiting to fly in the spectator parking area then please pack up your stuff up and let the next member in the queue have your spot. If you are one of the fortunate individuals who have the opportunity to fly during the week please do so and let members who don't have this opportunity the chance to fly on the weekend. Updated gate lock code will be sent in a separate email as this email will be posted on the website.
Again if you have any questions/concerns please feel free to reach out to one of the officers or contact me directly. Enjoy your week and I hope to see you on the flight line soon.
Welcome back to your field!
Who Are Those Masked Men?
Wear PCC Badge At The Flying Field.
PCC meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at Millbrae Library, 1 Library Ave., in Millbrae.